Information portal about all European guided public transportation systems. This site is regularly updated.
ver.5.0 © 2005-2022, Ing.Michele Tarozzi
DESCRIPTION
Padua tram opened in 1883 (initial horse tram) and it was was electrified in 1907. The original tram network was closed in 1954.
The first section of a modern tram on tyres line (SIR 1) opened on March 2007 (Stazione FS-Guizza); it was extended on December 2009 (Stazione FS-Pontevigodarzere). This first north-south route had to be part of a 3 lines network, including also lines SIR 2 (east-west, from Sarmeola to Ponte di Brenta) and SIR 3 (from Stazione FS to Voltabarozzo, serving the main city hospital area).
(last modified February 19, 2017 )
HISTORY
datesection nameline
1883initial horse tram opening--
1907electrification completed--
1954tram network closure--
24-03-2007Stazione FS-GuizzaSIR1
29-12-2009Stazione FS-PontevigodarzereSIR1
(last modified February 19, 2017 )
TECHNICAL DATA
Single line length (Km)
--
Single line stops
--
Single line avg. distance (km)
--
Total track length (km)
10.3
Total network stops
26
Avg. stop net distance (km)
0.4
Type
rubber tyres